Straight from the midst of the Vulkaneifel (Volcanic Eifel) comes Germany's most popular water: Gerolsteiner's natural mineral water. Special geological circumstances typical to the Eifel are the reason for the unique flavor and freshness as well as the healthy substances contained in the water. Mineral water is a pure product of nature. It is taken from the so called deep groundwater, which is from the accumulation of many decades of rain water, filtered and purified while seeping slowly through the layers of sediment and rock.
Due to the Volcanic Eifel's geological history, Gerolsteiner mineral water is especially rich in minerals. Every drop of rain is filtered and purified on its way through the various layers of rock. At the same time, the water is enriched with carbonic acid, making it a naturally sparkling water. Aided by the carbonic acid, the drop of water is able to assimilate minerals and trace elements from the otherwise non-water-soluble dolomite rock. Carbonic acid also allows the water to stay fresh and clear throughout the centuries.
The mineral water gathers in layers of rock located up to 200 meters beneath the surface, and is thus safe from environmental influences. It is pumped to the surface from 21 wells in Gerolstein and subsequently piped to the bottling facilities there. These pumping stations are electronically supervised to continuously control the wells' water level, the temperature and the mineral level.
On January 1, 1888, the mine manager Wilhelm Castendyck founded the firm Gerolsteiner Sprudel in Gerolstein. In the same year, the first well was drilled. In November 1888, the water became an official water of the city and became popular because of its high amount of natural carbonic acid. In 1889 its star and lion symbol was trademarked, and by 1895, the water began exporting to Australia.
Brunnen table water was used to supply water to Buckingham Palace during the reign of Queen Victoria.
In 1928, the company began to export to the United States. The Gerolsteiner factory was completely destroyed in a bombing raid during Christmas 1944. In 1946 the filling machines were repaired and the full building and installation were rebuilt by 1948.
|Case Specifics||12 Glass Screw Top Bottles/Case|